It’s Business as Usual with Business Interruption Insurance
Business owners often overlook this important insurance. Consider most businesses that suffer a major claim close for six months or more. What would happen to your business in that circumstance?
Basics of Business Interruption Insurance
- Business Interruption Insurance is like disability insurance for your business and pays for the business’s loss of profit and ongoing expenses in the event of an interruption.
- This coverage may be part of a package or an endorsement to a commercial property policy.
- You’ll protect your business should a loss, such as damaged business equipment or vandalism, or a hazard, such a fire, hail or windstorm, force closure for a short period, within the policy terms.
- For viable claims, the policy typically requires a “necessary suspension” of the insured’s operations.
- The coverage pays for lost net income and continuing expenses such as rent or mortgage, advertising, salaries and taxes.
- The policy may pay your relocation and advertising fees if you relocate temporarily to another location.
Learn more about business interruption insurance from your WE Insure agent. Keep your business moving forward—even in the event of an interruption.