Your policy entitles you to dedicated claims response team.
Rapid Response Team nearest you.
Please contact Peoples Trust directly in the event of a claim.
People’s Trust Insurance will coordinate and execute all aspects of the recovery process. Our unique approach to the claims process is different than other Florida homeowner insurance companies.
In the event of damage to your home, we will work directly with our affiliated General Contractor, the Rapid Response Team, to address all repairs and get your home back to pre-loss condition.
You, the homeowner, won’t be asked to call an outside contractor, submit quotes or be required to get reimbursed for the cost of a covered repair. But you do need to fulfill the responsibility of paying your deductible.
We are here when you need us!
OUR CLAIMS PROCESS
People’s Trust Insurance offers a Claims Hotline (877-333-1230) available to you 24/7 any time you need us.
Immediate Emergency Mitigation
If the situation is urgent, Rapid Response Team will be dispatched immediately to mitigate the damage.
Scheduled Damage Assessment
You, the homeowner, will receive calls from People’s Trust Insurance to schedule a time for a representative to assess your damage.
Because we can coordinate most repairs instead of just cutting a check, you are required to pay any deductible due before home repairs begin. Financing is available if necessary.
Our claims adjusters will call you to discuss the details of your claim and your coverage.
The Rapid Response Team then repairs the affected areas, and backs their workmanship with a 3-year, 100% customer satisfaction guarantee that is unparalleled in the industry.
How to File a Claim
One call does it all. In the event of any claim, large or small, simply call: 877-333-1230
- You will receive a Homeowner’s Assistance Card with a one-call claims number to use in the event you have any claim at all. This should be one of the only calls you’ll have to make – we take it from there.
- With just one phone call, our affiliated General Contracting company (GC LICENSE #CGC-024735), Rapid Response Team, will begin the work of restoring your home and damage to pre-loss condition. They even offer 24/7 emergency claims service. If the situation is an emergency, Rapid Response will be dispatched immediately to mitigate damage, prevent further loss and make emergency repairs as needed. You don’t need to do anything but make that first call.
- These repairs are backed by an industry-leading 3-year, 100% customer satisfaction guarantee on workmanship.
- The statewide network of Rapid Response Centers stockpiles millions of dollars’ worth of roofing supplies, tarps, generators and more – all the things that will be in high demand after a storm. So you are assured to be first in line after a widespread disaster.
What to do After a Loss Occurs
- Report the loss to People’s Trust Claims Department by calling 877-333-1230. The quicker you report your loss, the quicker we can help you get your life back together.
- Protect your property from further damage by making reasonable and necessary repairs.
- Maintain receipts of all expenses related to the temporary repairs and for any expenses incurred that are to be considered for reimbursement.
- Make a list of your personal property that was damaged. If possible, include the manufacturer, brand name, place and date of purchase. Photos or video of your property before the loss would be very helpful.
- Separate damaged property and keep it in a secure location. We will need to examine all damaged property to fully estimate your loss.
People’s Trust and Rapid Response Team: Proactive Response After a Storm
If a hurricane hits Florida, People’s Trust Insurance is prepared to respond to your clients’ needs quickly and effectively. Not only does People’s Trust have the systems, support and processes in place, but the long-established relationship with our affiliated general contractor, Rapid Response Team, ensures that clients will receive assistance fast. With Response Centers around the state, Rapid Response Team can mobilize its resources to any affected regions so your customers are quickly served.
Proactive Catastrophic Planning by People’s Trust ensures business continuity. Knowing policyholders are counting on us, People’s Trust and Rapid Response Team have aggressive and proactive approaches to business continuity. With frequent training and mock drills, we have the infrastructure in place to service policyholders who have both storm-related and standard claims in an efficient and caring manner. In the event that the People’s Trust corporate office in Deerfield Beach is impacted, we have established contingencies already in place to make sure we are able to respond immediately, including:
- If landfall is anticipated in the region of our main office, a “Disaster Recovery Team” will be dispatched to a pre-determined remote location with full business infrastructure in place, ensuring that we’ll be open for business immediately following the storm.
- Our “away team” consists of employees from claims, customer service and other departments who are specifically trained to assist after severe weather events.
- Each of these personnel have been cross-trained to assist with important business functions in the days following a disaster until the corporate offices are again operational.
- Vital telecom resources are already in place to enable communications should cell towers and other public infrastructure be compromised.
In addition to the People’s Trust business continuity efforts, the Rapid Response Team has also established important disaster recovery procedures.
Rapid Response Team: Immediate Response for Policyholders in the Wake of the Storm
Our affiliated general contractor, Rapid Response Team, is an integral part of the People’s Trust CAT Plan. Since Rapid Response Team resources are mobile, they can quickly reposition staff, vehicles, equipment and materials from around the state to target a hurricane strike zone, where the greatest damage is typically very localized. Once we know the area impacted by a storm, People’s Trust will coordinate with Rapid Response Team, so they can begin mitigation, even prior to a policyholder calling in their claim.
- The most important thing that Rapid Response Team will do in the aftermath of a storm is to “seal the envelope” of our policyholders’ homes to prevent further damage from occurring. They will tarp roofs and board up broken windows and doors until formal claims can be processed.
- With their “seal the envelope” plan in place, Rapid Response Team estimates they can reach 5,000 homes per week immediately following a storm.
- Rapid Response Team can easily increase their presence by tapping pre-existing agreements already in place with both a staffing agency and a national fleet rental company to provide additional trucks. Rapid Response Team can then pair their fully trained, full-time staff with the additional contract technicians to reach more homes faster after a storm.
- Because of their investment in cat-related materials and equipment, such as tarps, plywood and generators, as well as roofing and other construction-related materials, Rapid Response Team will not be victim to demand-surge related price increases after the storm. This helps to keep policyholder premiums affordable, even after a catastrophic event, and ensures People’s Trust policyholders get the fast response they deserve.
Additionally, policyholders get exclusive access to our generator lending program providing emergency power in the event of widespread disaster.
Please contact your People’s Trust Account Manager if you have additional questions about response after a storm.