The Thanksgiving season is a time to reflect on what truly matters, celebrate with family and friends, and express gratitude for the blessings in our lives. At We Insure, we’re thankful for the trust you’ve placed in our agents. We value the relationships we’ve built with all of our customers and look forward to continuing to help protect you and your families.
The days around Thanksgiving are among the busiest travel days of the year, and stress levels can be high. There’s so much to think about during the holiday season, from coordinating with family to cooking for a crowd — and important things can slip our minds. We Insure wants you to have safe, happy travels. When you’re focused on getting to grandma’s house on time, a few simple precautions can go a long way toward helping to keep everyone safe on the road.
Here are a few tips for your holiday road trips.
Holiday Travel Safety Tips
- Before you leave, take your car to the mechanic for a quick maintenance check.
- Allow plenty of time for travel and all that extra holiday traffic — and don’t speed (even if you’re running late).
- Avoid getting stranded or damaging your fuel pump — fill your tank up before the fuel gauge drops below a quarter.
- Never drive in dangerous conditions or low-visibility weather.
- Make sure you have a spare tire and the tools you need to change it.
- Pull off the road if you start to feel sleepy.
- Take turns driving if you can, and take frequent breaks on longer trips.
- Keep your attention on the road — avoid distractions like phones and GPS screens.
- Have a designated driver if alcohol is being served at your holiday celebration.
- Keep an emergency kit in the car that includes water, food, blankets and a first aid kit — and make sure everyone in your party has any prescriptions they need in case of a breakdown or travel delay.
If you have insurance needs, reach out to your We Insure agent or find one today.
From everyone at We Insure, we wish you and yours a safe and happy Thanksgiving.
The information contained in this page is provided for general informational purposes only and may not be applicable to all situations. We Insure makes no guarantees of results from the use of this information.