As we continuously monitor the status of Subtropical Storm Nicole, our first priority is the safety of our customers, employees, and our agencies. We realize you could be impacted by this storm, and we want you to know that our teams stand at the ready, all hands on deck; We Insure will rise to respond to this catastrophe and do all we can to provide the assistance needed to see you through. Below is storm preparedness information and who to call in the event your property is impacted by the storm.
Prepare for the Storm
- It is important you stay informed. These resources can help:
- Gather important documentation such as insurance carrier information, medical documents, wills, passports, and personal identification. Store these on your phone, or email them to yourself so you can access them no matter where you are.
- Write down emergency phone numbers and keep them on the refrigerator or near every phone in your house. Program them into your cell phone too. Make sure you know your insurance agency’s name and number and your insurance carrier’s claims number.
- Locate the nearest shelter and different routes you can take to get there from your home.
- Prepare and protect your home and property by doing things such as clearing your yard of potential flying objects or debris; moving autos, boats, and/or recreational vehicles to safety; adding protection, such as storm shutters, to windows and glass doors; knowing where your water and gas shut off valves are in case you need to turn them off; test your generator and check it's fuel supply - and never run your generator inside your home.
- Pet owners: pre-identify shelters, a pet-friendly hotel, or an out-of-town friend or relative where you can take your pets in the event an evacuation becomes necessary.
- Gather emergency supplies including food and water, emergency medicine, and power sources such as flashlights and a fire extinguisher.
- Keep your cell phone charged and have portable phone batteries available
- Additional preparation suggestions can be found on the American Red Cross website.
We Insure Will Be Here for You
In the event you cannot get through to your agent, or your agency’s physical location is impacted and they are unable to receive calls, you can reach our main We Insure Customer Service department for additional assistance at 1-877-677-4063.
We are “One,” and times of crisis will always have our quick and complete response; together, We Rise.
We will continue to communicate with you as this situation unfolds. In the meantime, we hope you, your family, and everyone in the path of Nicole stay safe.
Your We Insure Team
The information contained in this page is provided for general informational purposes only and may not be applicable to all situations. We Insure makes no guarantees of results from the use of this information.